Tuesday, February 7, 2012

OMG Projects

I am tired. So very, very tired. Why am I tired? Because I've been rather busy. Busy I have been with some of the most fun and worth it things to have been busy with.

For those of you unaware, I have recently started up another little project. This project is called Twitterland Raiding, you may have heard of it recently thanks to word of mouth (aka retweets) on Twitter and a certain post on WoW Insider. If you're not familiar with the TLR forums yet, it's a place where you can get like-minded folks together to raid non-current content. So far we've had a blast and I highly suggest you join up with us.


I have to admit that I was under some assumption that TLR wouldn't grow quite so fast, though why I didn't think it would explode like it has is beyond me. After all, this is the Twitter/Blogging/general WoW population that we're talking about here. Needless to say, the raids and streams of new site applicants has kept me extremely busy over the past week or so. My head is spinning, my eyes are droopy, and I couldn't be more excited to see so many people come together. I really must thank everyone who has helped to spread the word about Twitterland Raiding. It is my deepest hope that everyone who joins us manages to find a raid and have some fun because really, I've personally have had a blast so far.

Another thing you should check out is Sleepy Hams public Mumble. This isn't a project of mine, but Vitaemachina has been hard at work with providing the Twitter community with an open Mumble service. It's pretty awesome. Good people, crazy conversations, definitely recommend it!

This past Sunday I was also a guest on the podcast Group Quest. You should check it out. It was apparently deemed their best episode ever, or something of that nature. It was good fun, we discussed some rather serious topics, and I hope that it's as enjoyable for you to listen to as it was for me to participate.

On top of all this craziness, in game there are three holidays going on. I still have yet to find time to farm up a second lantern pet to make my money back, let alone farm up two flamingo mounts (one for Saz, one for selling). I doubt I'll be able to get my Darkmoon bear mount this faire, but I'm still getting those dailies done on Saz for future purchases + reputation.


Did I also mention that I've been doing the recruitment thing for my guild? I'm not responsible for actual /g invites or spamming Trade/General with guild ads thankfully, but I've taken over the task of forum hound. Good times, eh?

Tired Sazzy is tired. However, I couldn't be more please with how things are progressing. Another week or two of insanity and I think everything will slow down, smooth out, and be completely worth all of this effort. I may slow down again on *some* of the blog posting, but knowing me you will still get more than regular posts from me.

While I have you here and I'm plugging links like it's my job, you should check out my Facebook page. It's nothing too fancy, but I'm trying to keep it updated with any posts and projects that I do. If I don't mention it on here or on Twitter, or if you miss it (I know I miss a lot of things because of how fast Twitter moves but catch it somehow on Facebook), it will more than likely be posted on that page as well.

With that all said, I'm going to go take a breather. By that I mean I'm going to go sit down and do some class/spec research that I've been meaning to do on resto shamaning, retadinning, and roguing. Yes, I'm making up words now but you probably understood me anyways : P

Until next time, be good. *pinches cheek*

8 comments:

  1. You should be justifiably proud of what you have achieved with TR. There are a lot of us not in the US looking at this and hoping that someone has the time to do what you've done for those of us not able to raid on US time.

    Well done, and long may you be busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope the site does just that, help people find like minded people to have a good time with : )

      Delete
    2. Well, if the positive vibes on Twitter are any indicator, it's done that and a lot more besides :D

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the Twitterland Raiding. Knew it was a brilliant idea even before WI gave you the publicity. That said, I knew said article would spike your workload, too.

    As for me, I'm not part of the twitterverse so doesn't quite work for me. I'm trying to work on my own project for Transmog and Achievement Raiding but not quite certain on how I want to go about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TLR isn't just for those in the Twitterverse anymore. If you'd like to join us, you're more than welcome!

      Delete
    2. We'll see. Had some RL stuff come up that has syphoned my attention and energy for the next couple weeks.

      Delete